Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a squirrel problem?

i have a squirrel in my attic that contentiously comes back every few days... the squirrel is destructive and i don't know where it's entering from... i was wondering if there is any effective poison or deterrent that people may know of.. thanks!!!I have a squirrel problem?
You need to find the entry hole and seal it when it is outside. If you can get into the attic, set a trap or a Have-A-Heart trap. If you use poison be prepared for an awful smell!I have a squirrel problem?
Yeah, I would advise against poison for the previously stated reason, the smell is horrible, I found that out the hard way with rats lol


I've never used the Hav-a-heart traps, but they seem like they might work, if you could get the squirrels to go in them. You couldn't do it in the city, but I live out in the country and I have been known to shoot them off of the side of the brick part of the house with a .22 before they go in, works like a charm, every time :)
find the hole they are using to get into your attic.... about mid morning they should be out finding food... spray the hole with fox urine.... found in the hunting department of you sports stores.... they will leave for a day or two... cover the hole.... you can also place cotton balls in used pill bottles and spray the cotton with the fox urine... throw the bottles around your attic to chase them out... put you still have to cover the hole!
Stuff any holes that they may be using to enter the attic with tin foil.





It works great, it seems to bother their fillings.

No comments:

Post a Comment