Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a problem... there are squirrels in my wall .... !?

I sleep in a finished / furnished attic. We have drywall, but practically no insulation. I live in PA where it can get quite cold. There is a hole at the top of the house leading into the space between the attics drywall and the bricks of the house. Well, now thats its winter, the squirrels climb into that hole to stay warm. It's very unsanitary, very inconvenient, and the squirrels make lots of noises that keep me awake at night. I want to put something up to block the whole in the outside of the house. However, I can tell there are quite a few squirrels in my wall and I don't want to trap one in my drywall.... I don't want to tear down my drywall. At the same time, I don't want them in my wall. I was thinking about getting rat poison. good idea ? I also heard there was something called a clicker ... i guess it makes loud noises or emits some frequency that acts like a pest remover... does anybody know anything about that ? does anybody have any suggestions ? thanks in advanceI have a problem... there are squirrels in my wall .... !?
No to poison, unless you want to smell dead rotting flesh in your walls for a long time.





Put some peanuts out on a regular basis so the squirrels get in the habit of going to look for them. While they are out seeking peanuts get someone to block up that hole. You might want to get in touch with pest control to do the job for you.I have a problem... there are squirrels in my wall .... !?
they hate noise, wait till dark than wrap a towell around a bat or broom handle keep hitting wall and make lots of noise till they all go out, in meantime have some chicken wire cut about couple inches bigger than the hole, and some nails and hammer ready. when they all leave seal it up

No comments:

Post a Comment