Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have a problem with Squirrels getting in my attic what should I do?

I dont want to kill them I just want them to get out. They chew holes in the eves of my house and get in and nest. When I try to close the holes up they just chew right threw the wood.I have a problem with Squirrels getting in my attic what should I do?
I agree, you should not kill the squirrels unless there is a neighbour crisis.





The best deterrent I have found that actually works is a blend of liquids that contains skunk urine.





Stop laughing now...





It's available at feed mill stores or places that cater to livestock farmers. Spray this with a garden hand pump sprayer into several of the holes chewed and liberally ';inside'; the openings they use for entry. If they have a nut stash inside, try to rake them out before applying the deterrent.





When you are sure the critters have vacated your premises for good then it's time to repair the damage they created.





You may have minimal odour in the attic but it will dissipate over a very short period of time.





If you are pestered with deer and rabbit eating flowers and shrubs, this deterrent works well for them also.I have a problem with Squirrels getting in my attic what should I do?
Hey Nicky, I am on the westbank in Algiers. I know first hand what your problems are. The first thing you want to do is prune back those oak trees, away from the house. I know...They will still cross on the wire, and those oaks are sacred. The next suggestion I have is to go to party city and buy a strobe light. They run about $20.00. Turn it on in your attic, aimed at those obnoxious critters. Trust me, after a few days, they will look for a new home. After they have left, leave the strobe in the attic, on a timer, (like the ones for outside Christmas lights). Set it to run for about a half hour a night. They wont bother you again, until you need a new strobe light.
Yep. Look for humane 'pest' removal. Companies that use live traps and catch and release. It's a dual problem. First, you gotta get rid of the squirrels, and then you need to seal up all the entry points and anywhere they are getting in. The company can help you with that as well.
Check with the local hardware store or nursery about some kind of spray you can spray the eaves of your house with that is repellent to squirrels.
Look in the yellow pages for pest removal. They will set traps to remove the pests, and search the house for any entry points that the animals would be using. There may be spots that you don't know about. They would also suggest better remedies to correct the situation.


Best wishes!
Just chill. My wife says I have 'squirrels in my attic'. She's nuts...we don't even own a house!





Ignore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment