Saturday, January 16, 2010

Does anyone else have a squirrel problem?!?

I live in a city neighborhood with several mature trees. Also, since it is an older neighborhood, the power lines are above ground and strung from the pole to the house. Apparently, this is makes my yard/house a haven for squirrels!! I have tons of them and they seem to be constantly ravenous. They chew through my plastic garbage bin to get to the trash bags and even dig holes several inches deep under the side wall of my garage to get to the trash bins inside the garage!! They dig up flowers and shrubs and forget about birdfeeders!!! They jump from trees onto freestanding feeders!! They are like little monkeys!! I really hate to surrender my yard - I love planting flowers and shrubs and would love to attract birds to my yard as well.





Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? Trapping seems silly because there will be others to take their place.





Thanks!!Does anyone else have a squirrel problem?!?
http://www.pestwall.com/pestwall-article鈥?/a>





Check out this site and see if it helps.


If not, do a search on Squirrel Control / Repellent / Etc.Does anyone else have a squirrel problem?!?
I used to have a squirrel problem then I got a dog (aussie) and a .22, no more squirrel problem
You are so right, trapping will not solve your problem. Good news is there are humane and eco-friendly commercial products that are squirrel deterrents. These wont kill the squirrels or bother you, but simply make your yard undesirable to the squirrels. Companies such as Bird-X, Inc. specialize in these critter control methods :)
moth balls...everywhere they walk,,

No comments:

Post a Comment