Saturday, January 16, 2010

Help me...my house is under attack....how to take care of squirrel problem?

A few months back I had squirrels eating up my fascia and gutters. I spent a large amount of money replacing my fascia and gutters and having my fascia covered with a metal covering to try to deter the squirrels from coming back. When the squirrels came back and again tried chewing through the fascia I had a pest control company come out and get rid of some of the squirrels for me which was not cheap either. This morning I woke up to the sound of scratching on my upstairs window and found that the squirrels have eaten through the top of the window and eaten half of the wood at the top. So now I am going to have to replace the entire window. I am at my wits end with these squirrels. Stopping short of shooting at the squirrels and learning how to make squirrel soup (*note sarcasm*), I dont know what else to do. Has anyone had issues with squirrels? How did you remedy the problem? I know squirrels are cute but when they cost you thousands of dollars they tend to lose the cuteness factor.Help me...my house is under attack....how to take care of squirrel problem?
See if you can find a store that sells ';Red Fox Urine'; Put some in your attic and some places outside. They will leave.Help me...my house is under attack....how to take care of squirrel problem?
If you don't have any pets around, you could try putting rat poison on your roof. It will kill squirrels too. Or bubble gum, or fluride toothpaste.
Yea my friend has the same problem..they just want someone to have there babies at and shelter in your backyard..i believe my friend told me she put salt all around her house.








so try salt..or look in the stores for stuff to get rid of them..AND IT HAS TO BE SALT WATER salt.
moth balls, I think ?
You should use a 22 with a scope, they are just rats with bushy tails, if you have tons of money keep letting them eat your house. Otherwise they have to go!
Pest control maybe! I know this is hard but do you wanna move to a tree???
My mom had a bad squirrel problem at her house...





She got rid of the tree they were climbing to get to her roof... and she has not had anymore problems with them.





Find out how they are getting to the problem-spot... and try to fix it where they cannot use that entrance...
Depending where you live you can do the following:


1. Fox urine. stinks but works to keep them away from stuff for a while...


2. shoot them with a .22.


3. Poison-may be illegal to use where you are but if no pets around put it in peanut butter they love it.


Unless you get rid of these tree rats or stuff they like to eat you will continue to have problems with them. Trap and release/animal control company are useless as others move in. #1 and #2 worked best as i had pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment